Saturday, July 25, 2015

Never Never: Part Two

by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
125 pages
(Never Never, #2)
Published: May 17 2015

Blurb:

“Never forget that I was your first real kiss. Never forget that you’ll be my last. 
And never stop loving me between all of them. 
Never stop, Charlie. 
Never forget.” 

Silas races against time as more truths unravel, while others twist tighter together. And now, the stakes are higher as Silas’ control slips and others begin to point fingers. Charlie is in trouble and he must be the one to bridge the chasm between their past and their present. Because somewhere between I love yous and Never Nevers and Never Agains, a truth they can't imagine, beckons to be found. 


Rating:




Thoughts:

AHH! Okay, so I will say pretty much the same thing I said in my last review. I recommend this series to whoever loves mystery or romance. If you like books with some form of journal/letter/email writing in them, this is perfect for you as well.  Since I have not read any other Colleen Hoover or Tarryn Fisher books, I cannot compare these books to any of their other ones. But since many readers are fond of Colleen's work, I think it's safe to say all you Hoover fans must check this out! It's short, gripping, and over before you know it! I simply can't wait for the next one! 

So, I have a lot more good things to say about this book. Since we are already somewhat familiar with the plot and the characters, the book is a lot easier to get into. I recommend you read this one immediately after the first, just to keep your curiosity right where it's supposed to be. You also don't want to forget all the details, like Silas and Charlie did....*da dum tssssss*. Okay, that was lame. Back to my train of thought. In this book, we ironically get even more character development, which if you read the books would understand what I'm talking about. Charlie is no longer overdramatic, and Silas stopped being creepily in love with her. I really like how in this book, the characters are doing a lot more to figure out what it is that's actually happening to them. Whereas in the first one, they did a whole bunch of just hanging around and dealing with it. The fact that many journal entries were put into this also allowed us to understand more about the history between their families, and why this possibly happened. And then the reason behind the name of the book, "Never Never". It was adorable! We got a lot more of the badass side of Charlie, and the loving, passionate Silas. All the mystery surrounding the Shrimp and the characters' family history led me to coming up with many theories about the third book. And that's what I love, when a book actually make me predict what's going to happen next. Like I said in my first review, I couldn't decide which perspective I enjoyed reading from more. In this first book, it's even more diverse. Their ways of thinking, their situations. I loved gobbling up every word of it. 

Now, my issues didn't change much from what I said about the first book, which I keep saying repeatedly. I still think that stretching this out into three books was completely unnecessary!! That is probably the main reason lots of people don't give these books full ratings. In some ways, the plot does fit into three books, but it would have to be altered in many ways. It is incredibly annoying how readers have to now wait for the third book, when barely any information was given to them in the second. And yes, I am now a member of the painful "them" group. I feel like this series would've been so much better and would've been a lot more organised if it was just one book divided into three parts. 

Moving on from that point, I no longer have a problem with Charlie's unnatural cleverness. She did things that were only understandable given her situation. I thought this book had a lot more action and suspense, which I was thrilled about. Definitely check this one out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *